Saturday, September 5, 2026

After Months of Development, My Ad Blocker Is Finally Feeling Stable

After several months of development, testing, debugging, researching, and trying out different approaches, I finally feel that my open-source ad blocker has reached a reasonably stable state.

It started as a small personal project focused on blocking ads and trackers while keeping the extension lightweight and simple. Over time, I kept improving it, rewriting parts of the implementation, testing different approaches, and learning a lot along the way.

There are definitely still things that can be improved, but I’m quite happy with where the project is today and how it performs during everyday browsing.

The project is open source, and the source code is available here:

GitHub:
https://github.com/hoangvanlinh/AdsBlock

The extension is currently available for Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for taking the time to check out the project. 🙌

submitted by /u/HoangLinhDEV
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment