Just found out after a whole month of just missing out and wanted to share for anyone having the same problem:
In browser (personally using Firefox) when searching YT videos I only ever got shorts, channels and playlists as results and never proper videos. The homepage shows normally, the recommended videos to the side show normally while watching something... but on the search page specifically I could never see a single full video (only shorts). The mobile app works as normal, but on PC even on multiple computers with or without an account the search wouldn't show any video.
The solution: On uBlock Origin simply disable the "Cosmetic filtering on this site" and everything is back to normal. For now I still don't have ads even with that setting disabled.
Just making this post since I didn't see any online topics about it and it suddenly happened maybe a month or two ago so probably the change was on YT's side rather than the adblocker updating
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment