Tuesday, October 6, 2026

I was so annoyed by popups and cookie banners that I made a Safari extension. These were my most successful 3 days so far

I was so annoyed by popups and cookie banners that I made a Safari extension. These were my most successful 3 days so far

I was so annoyed with all the popups, cookie permissions and ads, so I made a Safari extension for iPhone, iPad and Mac. It blocks:

- Google AI results- Google sponsored results- Cookie popups- Ads, including YouTube (100% score on Adblock test)- Newsletter popups- Open in app banners- Help chat bubbles

And other annoyances on the web.

If it misses something and you close it yourself, the app learns it, and it won't show up again.

I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one annoyed, but I never guessed it would be this many. 654 people downloaded it in the last 3 days (screenshot). That's by far the most it has ever had, so I'm still a bit in shock :)

If you want to try it out, you can get one month free on this page https://soannoying.app/year

Or just search "So Annoying! Ad Blocker" on the App Store.

If it's not for you, cancel before the month ends and you pay nothing.

I would love to hear from you. What else annoys you on the web that you'd want removed? And if something gets through or breaks a site, tell me and I'll fix it.

submitted by /u/Most-Break-4452
[link] [comments]


No comments:

Post a Comment