I don't think I've ever left a public review of any software I've bought - but AdGuard has genuinely helped shift extremely bad habits I have with social media, and also made me realize how insanely aggressive data gathering is on everyone. I read about adguard on this forum after trying a number of VPNs (I landed on windscribe which I still dig overall, especially w/ split tunnel working), and I installed it on my mac laptop, iPhone and then Windows PC I use for gaming. I was able to ditch the IG app completely and instead saved it as an icon on my phone screen to load the browser version - and I literally get to use IG without seeing ads. Felt like the first time "social media" is social again...(fingers crossed MySpace actually gets brought back)
Also getting to visit sites I know are struggling and regrettably having to lean on ads to support them but....now I get to ignore all of that, and still visit sites I love without having literally any ad interruption.
So unsponsored rambling with a software product that feels like the equivalent to fridges they used to make 20 years ago......built to last, just works. Please never let this thing get sold to a conglomerate.
[link] [comments]
No comments:
Post a Comment