Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Stop Posting those Pesky Ads online, and Sending Junk and Spam through Email.

I am in my 60s, and I like to play games on my iPad to keep my mind sharp. Many games have these pesky ads that pop up every 10 minutes. Most of the ads are about learning AI programs that claim to be free. I learned from experience that not everything is free.

I will admit I have watched ads until the end, filled in my personal information, then thought about it, changed my mind, and canceled the free trial.

In the past, the mailman delivered junk mail, and we usually threw sales ads in the trash. Email arrived and shortened the time for letters and bills to be sent and received, and those pesky ads started taking up more space in your inbox than your usual mail.

Personally, I like my mail being delivered by the mailman because it is a hard copy that can be used as proof. Email has become so complicated that I rarely check it. The spam, junk mail,
and email from people I don't even know.

I do not like those ads that offer a free trial period, because I often forget to end the subscription before the trial date ends. These ads, spam, and junk mail need to stop.

submitted by /u/Prudent-Bee3885
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment