| Recently, I've started getting into a repetitive tussle with YouTube and my ad blocker of choice, Pie Adblocker (PAB). This isn't exactly a new problem, but it's become increasingly annoying. I used to have three ad blockers enabled at once: Pie Adblocker, uBlock Origin, and AdBlock Plus. I've since had to rely primarily on PAB, as YouTube has become increasingly aggressive about detecting and combating ad blockers. Here's what's been happening: Previously, I could watch videos to my heart's content with PAB enabled. Now, when I try to watch a video, I get a gray screen. If I toggle PAB off, the video plays and ads run normally. If I turn PAB back on, the gray screen reappears. I don't want to deal with this. At first, I figured I might need to update Chrome, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm not experiencing anything similar on other sites. The workaround I've come up with for now is to repeatedly toggle PAB off and on and refresh the page until the video eventually plays. Obviously, that's pretty tedious. **Is anyone else using Pie Adblocker experiencing this same behavior with YouTube? If so, what did you do to fix it?** I specifically want to know what might be causing the gray screen and whether there's an actual fix/workaround beyond repeatedly toggling PAB and refreshing the page. [link] [comments] |
Sunday, August 9, 2026
The Woes of Youtube Adblocking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment